NEWNC held its monthly meeting Monday, July 11th.
- North End ONS Liaison, Ciara D’Amico, said she is still working with Mayor Wu’s policy team to get a
break down posted of how Dining fees are being utilized.
- Regarding trash cans that have been removed from various places in the neighborhood, D'Amico also noted:
- The trash can in Polcari playground has been replaced (it was initially removed because people were placing household trash in it.
- The trash can in front of Monica's on Prince Street has not been replaced because it was repeatedly vandalized. Monica's has been fined for vandalized trash cans and fire hydrants which public works has fixed numerous times.
- There was a question about whether the sign atop the new State Street building would be lit at night (like that awful Verizon sign). Neither D'Amico nor Patrick Lyons (Aaron Michlewitz's office) knew for sure, but Lyons assured the council that it wont turn into Time Square :)
- 101-117 Atlantic Avenue (Kindercare Expansion Project) | All in favor
- 17 Sheafe Street | All in favor
Full meeting transcript: